Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A savvy scallop entree



Just finished cooking this unbelievably delicious dish. I call this my 'Hot Dill Scallop Salad'. I love scallops for a number of reasons: they're easy to cut, marinade, cook, are good for you, and have such a wonderful texture. Not to mention how tasty they are. This is all I did:

  • I mixed several garlic cloves, half an onion, multicolored peppers, and one bunch of roughly cut dill in olive oil, and garlic salt. I then roasted this mixture in an oven at 380 F for 20 minutes.
  • I mixed olive oil, grated garlic, dried red chillies, grated ginger and hot sauce (to taste) in a bowl, and marinaded about 1.5 lbs scallops in it for 10 minutes.
  • I cooked the scallop mixture in a hot pan for about 3 minutes, mixing and turning carefully.
  • I added the other half of an onion and one bunch of green onions, and cooked the mixture for another 3 minutes.
  • I added the roasted vegetables to this mix, turned the heat off, mixed everything and ...voila!
Try it and see if you like it. It is wonderful! I look forward to creating some more savvy scallop recipes in the future...

No comments: