Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Favorite shows and songs - a little digression

I was recently mortified to hear that one of my favorite TV shows, 'Journeyman' had allegedly been canceled by NBC - perhaps that is why I have been posting less :). The final episode airs this Wednesday on NBC at 10/9C. If you haven't seen it at all, I guess it's a bit late to start now, although the slick acting should be enough to get your attention.

Fans (including myself) have been posting comments furiously on the NBC blog to try to sway the decision-making naysayers, so who knows. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I tivo'd last night's episode in favor of watching 'Fracture' on DVD. A truly slick and entertaining thriller. If it's not on your Netflix queue, it should be.

Moving on to music, I thought you might like to know that the Number One song on the British charts now is a beautiful rendition of 'What a Wonderful World' by Katie Melua and the late Eva Cassidy. I heard it the other day while listening to streamed UK radio, and it was heartwarming. Katie Melua is a Georgian-born UK singer with a soulful and jazzy edge, and is only in her mid-20s! Check out another song by her called 'Nine Million Bicycles'. It is a tear-jerker and hopelessly romantic. Both these songs are available for viewing on Youtube.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am speechless. This is a great blog and really engaging too. Excellent work! That's not really a lot returning from an novice writer like me, but it's all I could consider soon after enjoying your posts. Excellent grammar and vocabulary. Not like other blogs. You genuinely know what you are speaking about very. So very much which you created me want to examine a lot more. Your blog site has grow to be a stepping stone for me, my friend. Thank you for your articulate journey. I genuinely enjoyed the 27 posts that We have learn so significantly.