Thursday, November 15, 2007

Recipe for the perfect foolproof cookie!

Though I love to cook and indulge in experimental cooking pretty much every week, my dishes tend to be of the savory variety. I am thinking of giving baking a try now, and am on a quest to find a recipe for a delicious oatmeal and cranberry cookie.

Why oatmeal and cranberries? Well, I guess I want to feel less guilty by opting for two ingredients which are healthy and nutritious. And it helps I love both. By the way, I have recently become a huge fan of Ocean Spray's Craisins (sweetened dried cranberries). If you haven't tried it, go for it. They're high in fiber and other nutrients, and is really helping me stay off those candy bars!

I went to Jewel this afternoon and bought some baking staples: all-purpose and self-rising flour, baking powder and soda, and some vanilla essence.

In the past, I have used standard prepared mixes for cookies and cakes, but making cookies from scratch should be fun and healthier. Now that winter seems to be here finally, I can imagine nothing better than sitting in front of the fireplace, with a mug of freshly made coffee, accompanied by some warm and sweet oatmeal cookies.

Are you a baking guru? Do you have tips for the perfect homemade cookie? Then let me know by posting a comment here...

No comments: