Friday, September 21, 2007

Yosemite and tranquility

I want to talk about a tiny part of the stunning Yosemite National Park in California which caught my eye and remains etched in my memory.

Mirror Lake is recommended (by the park guides) as one of the easier hikes within the national park. As far as I can remember it, it takes about 2 hours from the designated trail stop. We decided to embark on this trail at 7 am in the morning, before breakfast. Which turned to be a great decision in many respects. The summer morning was soft and cool. It does get pretty cool in the valley during summer nights and mornings, so be sure to take a jacket with you.

It was brisk and fresh. The deeper into the woodlands we traveled, the more romantic it became.


The lake was one of the most breathtaking I had ever seen. It was still as a picture. The reflections of the surroundings were just as still. I could now see where the name came from. One could forget about anything here. And dream and reflect. We stayed here for 30 minutes. It was the calmest 30 minutes of my life that I have probably ever spent.

1 comment:

matt said...

I'm only slightly jealous of you for taking that hike.